Solopress, the UK’s fastest growing online commercial printers, are hiring! We’re currently looking for an experienced IT Support Engineer – 1st Line Support.
The busy IT department at Solopress is responsible for quickly and efficiently resolving a wide range of IT-related faults – from setting up an e-mail account and antivirus installation to network diagnostics and computer repairs.
You will be a highly energetic, flexible, diplomatic and friendly person.
- Desktop and network support for PC and Mac hardware and software (only apply for this position if you have experience of both systems)
- Capable of diagnosing and resolving any IT issues
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and a quick learner of any new software applications. If you’re already a genius on Adobe Creative Suite and FileMaker, so much the better!
- Setting up and configuring new and reassigned laptop and desktop computers, along with the installation of software
- Completing internal company employee moves, including phones
- E-mail server maintenance such as adding new users, old account removals and the archiving of mailboxes
- Ensuring all logs and documentation for equipment, users, software licenses, updates and repairs are thoroughly maintained
- Managing backups
- Escalating IT issues to the IT manager where necessary
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the IT manager
- Excellent communication skills – both spoken and written English
- Patient and helpful manner a must
- Previous experience in a similar role highly desirable, but enquiries from recent college or university students looking for an ideal first job in IT are also welcome
This role is full-time only and is based at the Solopress premises in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
To apply for the position of IT Support Engineer, please e-mail your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please don’t phone or write to us regarding your application. No enquiries from recruitment agencies. Thank you.