Our Top 5 round-up of this week’s cool stuff for graphic designers includes the latest Mickey Mouse makeover and a geometric Superman. Please join the Google+ circle at http://gplus.to/RikHaynes for lots more design news and tips… every day!
After last week’s Google Plus update, it was the turn of YouTube to introduce larger channel art. Like the new G+ cover image, YouTube’s channel art can now be sized up to 2120 by 1192 pixels. Have you created yours yet? If so, we’d love to see it.
1. Creative Bloq showcase | Brand new look for Mickey Mouse by Paul Rudish (Powerpuff Girls)
What do you make of this new look for Disney’s classic cartoon character?
2. Creative Bloq tips | Logo design – 5 questions to ask about the brand
Get to properly know the company or product before you start designing their logo.
3. Designspiration showcase | Geometric Superman illustration by Eric Dufresne
Canadian artist Eric Dufresne has created a series of these gorgeous geometric DC Comics superheroes.
4. Design Week showcase | M&C Saatchi works with Big Issue vendors on new campaign
M&C Saatchi use 19th century letterpress machines in latest advertising campaign.
5. The Guardian news | Mad Men has a new hire
The producers of the hit TV show track down a 75-year-old ad man from Essex.
Solopress print business cards, leaflets, brochures, posters, stickers and lots more. To receive our free printing sample pack, please use this online order form or call us on 01702 460047.
Have Your Say
Do you have any design tips, links or new YouTube channel art that you’d like to share with our growing community of graphic designers? Please scroll down this page to the ‘Leave a Reply’ box below and post your message (you can also comment via the Facebook box)…